Thursday 12 May 2011

God will provide

Yesterday I received a disappointing email from QANTAS in response to taking an extra suitcase on board my flight.  I had hoped they would waive the fee for extra baggage, with their website boasting of their charitable deeds and sponsorships.  It appears to me that I am not significant enough to be sponsored.  There is no benefit to QANTAS in waiving the fee of a bag of donations to Haiti.  I'm not a large organisation that can boast of their generosity and besides "they are not in the position to help with the recent financial crisis".  Am I expected to believe that?

But this is a positive post....
Today I received word that the Year 10 business studies student's at Melton Christian College have chosen to donate ten percent of their profits to Haiti!!  This brought so much joy to my heart...
To add to this, I discovered during some internet browsing that RIC Publications, a distributor of education materials, will freight purchased resources of over $200 free of charge to any international destination!  Another praise point!!

My only dilemma now is what do I buy to take over to Haiti?  What resources are they in most need of?  I will need to call on my Haitian colleagues at Quisqueya Christian School... I'm sure they can help!

Thank you God for answering my prayers.  I don't want to go to Haiti empty handed.  We are blessed to be a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment