Tuesday 28 May 2013

My last teaching day in Haiti... and much more.

What a day!!  It was filled with lots of fun... here are the pictures to tell the story. 
You'll soon see why I'm too tired to write a long blog post.

Students begin the day with a P.E. class.  Then we begin watching a movie.


At morning recess students play with a giant ball on the soccer field, while I supervise.


Other students play with this bottle. There is usually a ball attached to the string, but it's fallen off. The aim of the game is to have the bottle on your side after it has finished it's spin around the pole.



After recess we continue our movie and have a class party.


Students are dismissed at 12 noon.  I stay back to clean the classroom.

In the afternoon I spent 2 hours preparing some Haitian food. Other staff members also prepared a side dish. At 5pm we put on a dinner for the Haitian ladies who work in our school kitchen. We wanted to bless these hardworking ladies!!




 

Afterwards I do the washing up at home (zillions of pots and pans)... and now I'm about ready for bed!  Lucky me, I don't have to teach tomorrow, but I do have to go to school to finish up some administrative tasks. Just hree days until summer vacation. :-)


It was a great day all round.  

I will miss these beautiful 3rd Graders!




No comments:

Post a Comment