Friday 27 May 2011

Finally.... my flight to Haiti is booked!

After a roller coaster ride of excitement, anxiety, patience and all three of those feelings again, my flight is finally booked and paid for!  Yay!!  I leave Australia on 27 July and arrive in Haiti on 1 August.  Yes, there's a stopover on the way; I couldn't travel 37 hours, including transit times, all in one go!

Now, I hope I can get a proper night's sleep; booking and paying for these flights has taken up too much mind space.... in addition to all of the other things I "want" to prepare for Haiti.

Such as...

My first movie fundraiser.  If you haven't already heard, on Thursday 9th June at 7pm I've booked a cinema at Village Cinemas Sunshine, for the viewing of 'Soul Surfer'.  Six dollars from each ticket will go towards buying much needed school furniture for TeacHaiti (see previous post for more details about TeacHaiti).  I need to fill the 92 seat auditorium... please invite your friends and family to make this fundraiser worthwhile.
Details about the movie, which is based on a true story, can be found at  http://www.soulsurferthemovie.com/.

Prayer points....  peace and patience...

No comments:

Post a Comment