Friday 1 July 2011

Give thanks with a grateful heart!

Where do I start?  I am overwhelmed by the amount of donations that I received for Haiti today.

This morning I went to speak to 800 teenagers at Marian College's end of semester assembly.  I graduated at Marian College in 1998 and was invited to speak about Haiti. I was impressed by the College's involvement in acts of social justice.  Despite my nerves, the presentation went well and I pray that God uses my 10 minute talk to inspire others to "live on purpose" no matter where they live in the world.  Thank you Marian College for donating $250 towards school furniture for TeacHaiti.  I will add this to the running tally for TeacHaiti.

This afternoon was also my last day at Melton Christian College.  I have enjoyed working there this term and I commend the staff for being a friendly and supportive community. A few weeks ago Alysia, the librarian at the College, volunteered to help me raise funds to send teaching resources to Haiti.  She took the time to send an email to all staff and collect donations on my behalf.  So far the amount raised is $860!!  I was amazed; I drove home ecstatic about God's provision.  He cares about what I need to teach well in Haiti and most importantly he cares about the students who are going to be blessed by the resources I can now take over.
A BIG THANK YOU to the staff at MCC.

There's more... a secret squirrel left $100 in an envelope on my desk labelled "for Haiti".  THANK YOU... I now know who you are!

And lastly, I received a reply from Genie Educational today regarding my wish list of maths resources. They have decided to donate over $200 worth of maths resources. Praise God!!

I'm not sure if I will be able to sleep tonight; too much excitement in one day!!  Thank you everyone for partnering with me and with God's purpose for Haiti. Today I became aware that I'm not alone in this adventure; I feel "sent" to go and be a blessing.  Though you may not be able to join me physically, I thank God that your heart is with me on this journey!

2 comments:

  1. Such great news KB! Be encouraged. I'm so happy for you... and for those you'll now be able to help a bit more in Haiti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my word, Kellyanne! I am amazed by God's work in you, for you, and through your community! I have a man that I met at the airport who has a computer program that is in Creole and teaches English. It's basically like Rosetta Stone for Creole-speaking individuals. He offered to help me, but I'll be focusing on multiple schools all of which have no computers. Would you be interested in getting in contact with him? Let me know! Love you. May God continue to bless you!

    ReplyDelete