Monday 4 July 2011

Am I really going?

This month I will depart for Haiti.  The date I leave my family, my home and everything familiar is coming closer and closer.  I sit in my room and wonder.... "Am I really going?"  It seems so surreal.  In the blink of an eye (not quite, more like 37 hours) I will be in a completely different environment.  Yes, I've lived in a far away place before but this is different from previous trips;  I'm going to live long-term in a country that is so different from my own!

But I feel nothing... 

When will it actually hit me that I'm leaving?

I don't know how to prepare myself for this change.  Why do I feel 'numb' to it all?  Will reality sink in when I board that aeroplane or when I feel alone in Haiti?

Thank you God for your promise to never leave me. You know beginning from the end and you have already gone before me.  Thank you for preparing the way; all I need to do is follow You.

No comments:

Post a Comment