Tuesday 1 November 2011

Maybe it's time to... laugh again!

This weekend I had a heavy heart, a sadness... I'm not exactly sure why?  It would be much more honorable to say that I was sad as a result of feeling compassion toward someone else.  I'd like to say that it was not a result of reflecting inwardly about myself, but that wouldn't be true.  Sorry to shock you all!  

As I brought this sadness to God I came across a book in our apartment titled, "Maybe it's time to laugh again" by Charles R. Swindoll.  I truly believe that God has placed this book in my hands.  I'm not sure where it came from and I only noticed it on the bookshelf today.  

Yesterday I went out to dinner with a group of girls and I was (secretly) envious at their ability to laugh and have a good time!  I've always been a serious kind of person, but I'm not usually one who wants to steal joy from others.  They say "misery loves company", which is exactly how I felt.  It can be annoying being around laughter when your heart feels heavy.

Anyway, back to the book.  It's based on the book of Philippians in the Bible.  This letter which Paul wrote is all about "joy".  The joy that Philippians describes goes beyond good feelings and comfortable settings.  It is not a joy based on circumstances and getting what we want.  Paul points to Christ as our source of joy.  I look forward to delving deep into Philippians to discover more of the joy that God has for me...

...in the meantime I'd appreciate your prayers!


2 comments:

  1. Praying for you to 'KHF'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate KB. I'll pray for you. Big hug from me.

    ReplyDelete