Saturday 19 May 2012

Honor

I was reminded of this song tonight, "This is my desire".  


I can remember singing it as a little girl, with such conviction and sincerity of heart.  I'm asking God to reclaim his rightful place in my heart; that above all else, I would desire to bring Him honor in my life through the choices I make.

What does it  mean to honor someone?
"To honor someone means to give them respect and high esteem, to treat them as being special and of great worth." (p.71 of The Love Dare)

To honor God means to make choices that bring respect to His name; choices that show that He is of great worth to you.  Tonight I'm confessing the countless times I've failed to bring honor to His name...
I'm realizing how weak my strength is and how much I need the power of the Holy Spirit to help me overcome sin.

"...God is working in you, giving you the desire to obey Him and the power to do what pleases Him"
Philippians 2:13   This is my prayer.  Let it be so.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment