Tuesday 29 May 2012

Lonely...

...isolated, alonelonesomefriendlesswith no one to turn toforsakenabandonedrejectedunlovedunwantedoutcastgloomysaddepresseddesolateforlorncheerlessdownblue.  (taken from my online thesaurus)

I was reluctant to write this post, especially with the title "Lonely".  I don't like to draw attention to myself nor do I want a flock of people coming to me after reading my post.  I don't like to show people my weaknesses or my needs.  I try to be self-sufficient and independent....  But it seems that tonight, my emotions are giving in...  I feel lonely!! 

It's not the first time I've felt this way in Haiti... What did I do last time to make this feeling go away?
I played my guitar, I spent time with God... but most of all, I tried to convince myself that I didn't need anyone.  Tonight my confession is, that I do need people.  God created us to live in community; to live in a family.  To belong. To be accepted.

I must admit that I haven't been very successful at making a community for myself in Haiti.  Is it because I've been so introspective?  So concerned with my own needs, that I fail to see the needs of others. No one wants to be around someone who has "themselves" on their mind... all the time!  This week I prayed that God would help me be more interested in the needs of others... this is hard to do, especially when you're feeling empty!

It's almost been 10 months since I left "home".... Australia.  In just 15 days I will be boarding an aeroplane to visit the ones I love.  It will be a loooooonnnnnggg flight home, but the LOVE on the other end will be worth receiving with arms wide open!

In the meantime I ask for your prayers... xo


No comments:

Post a Comment