Thursday 9 June 2011

Movie Fundraiser was a success... though only half full!

Tonight 40+ people turned up to my first movie fundraiser event. Only half the cinema was full and I didn't cover costs, but on the bright side we've raised $400 for TeacHaiti and more donations are coming in!  That money will be used to purchase new school furniture and bless many children's lives. A BIG THANK YOU to those who supported the event.

Apart from being encouraged by your support, I was really blessed by watching the movie 'Soul Surfer'. What an amazing true story of courage, determination and FAITH!  God is teaching me to persevere when opposition comes my way.  I've been challenged to stop questioning God when things don't go as I'd like... and to try and get His perspective.

The movie portrayed the message that God is faithful and He can work all things together for good, according to His purpose! These words hold so much more weight when they come from the heart of someone who has experienced grief and loss.  Bethany Hamilton's life testimony proves that God is faithful!  In His strength YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!!

I highly recommend the  movie SOUL SURFER

No comments:

Post a Comment