Sunday 25 December 2011

Merry Christmas from Haiti

To all of my family and friends, Merry Christmas from Haiti!  Today was a fun day filled with lots of laughter, games and hugs from 20 beautiful girls at the H.O.P.E. Center, an orphanage in Haiti.

I had planned on making this blog entry a collage of photos, beginning with my visit to a Haitian church where Chasley fell asleep in my arms, then the unwrapping of Christmas presents with smiles from ear to ear, an American Christmas lunch including a jelly salad with the main course (?), and the best part of the day was just hanging out with the girls; being pinned down by Gherlie, practicing my Creole with Chrisna, blowing bubblegum and receiving lots and lots of HUGS!!!

Throughout the day I strategically took each photo with this blog in mind.  Before leaving the H.O.P.E. center I retrieved my camera from one of the precious girls who had taken it upon herself to be photographer for the evening, only to discover when I returned home that all but a few photos had been deleted!!  I was devasted :-(  

Will I ever learn to keep my camera out of the hands of children?  They just don't understand my "no" and I was too busy having fun to take it out of her hands.

Here is one of the pics that was taken by the self-appointed photographer....



1 comment:

  1. Merry christmas Kel! Thinking of you.
    Much love, Rhe

    ReplyDelete