Tuesday 17 January 2012

Please Pray...

Last night there was a serious road accident not too far from where I live.  At around 10pm a truck whose brakes failed, killed 29 people and injured 67 others (news article attached).  I was unaware that the accident had even occurred, until I received a message at noon today.  The message was a prayer request for Jacky who was involved in the accident and is now in a coma.  Jacky is Wilson's best friend.

I've since been told that Jacky has improved a little (though he is still in a coma) and that the doctors are preparing to operate on him.  I'm not sure of the details of his injuries; but there is damage from his waist down, as well as a bandage around his head and eye.

I know that it's by the grace of God that Jacky is even alive!  And I became aware of my mortality today... and how I take life for granted... and those I love.  It's by the grace of God that each of us has life!  (click here for previous blog entry on the grace of God)  Thank you God for your grace over my life; for the countless blessings I do not deserve.  Thank you God for your grace over Jacky's life; for sustaining him thus far and for getting him into a good hospital. 

But there's more...
I'm praying for more of God's grace and mercy to be poured out on Jacky.  I'm praying for a miracle in his body, as well as wisdom from above to be given to Jacky's doctors.  I'm praying for peace and comfort for Jacky's family and friends; that they would know that God is present with them as they wait...  

Please join me in prayer if you have the faith to believe that the God who loves Jacky is able to bring about these things and more!!

6 comments:

  1. God chose to take Jacky tonight. Please pray for peace and comfort for those he left behind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kell, such a sad story. I will be praying for peace & comfort & compassion for Jackys loved ones & the others affected by the accident. Awful tragedy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only just read this today. Will be praying Kel. Much love, rhe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for your prayers.. the funeral was on Friday! It was very hopeful and encouraging...
    Death is not the end...

    ReplyDelete